Wednesday 6 May 2020

Darkest Dungeon....

The last time I left the Baron map of the Crimson Court it was all but discovered. So just some minor discovery left to do, a few corridor/room battles and loot to gain.


I do like to take my time, especially when/if I can extend a groups survival rate(cures and quirk removal etc) between returns. So the plan for the last stage needed the Baron dead, cross his room to get the second red key from the room after him, then backtrack to the end of the map and unlock the (second red) room for a chest.

So the Boss.


A bit of a long drawn out fight, mainly due to my lack of remembering tactics; That being to aim all DPS straight for the Baron and ignore the mobs while keeping heals when possible(I thought this fight was a challenge back in the day, pfft noob!). Then again maybe I'm being to harsh on my own run of the boss this time round; There's not much a hero can do if the boss is in row 3 and the hero can only attack the first two rows...


But down he went, eventually.


Leaving my battered and bruised crew to pick up the pieces(again).


Really happy to have taken them through this part of the Crimson Court and have all survive. I'm tempted to push my luck and have them spearhead into the next! I really should set them up for semi retirement... My heroes have character and are not disposable to me.

As for the chest in the second red key room....



Even with using a key on it, it wasn't worth the effort! Disappointing!


Anyway, back in the hamlet with the Baron dead and the current curse lifted on all it was time to sell the loot, upgrade the skills, armour, weapons and mend the minds and bodies......

No comments:

Post a Comment