Thursday 28 May 2020

AdventureQuest 3D....


Yesterday I took a look at a game, AdventureQuest 3D.

TheLazyPeon did an entertaining and informative first impressions on it. His vid is well worth a watch. It was enough for me to take a gander at the game.

I like the art style.







As well as it's sense of humour.


Travel forms are fun, if a limited consumable.


At least most things can be an applied cosmetic, so it's all on for showing off.

It's got so many hints of many other MMO's that its got a familiar and comfortable feel.
I mean the first town I got into as a human looks like a cross between Goldshire and Stormwind from WoW!


All said and done I think I only spent about 30 minutes in the game. Not a fair amount of time to offer real praise or to completely slate it.

I like the idea of a multi platform/platform switching RPG MMO. It's a game that covers a lot of MMO bases while not taking itself too seriously. It's fun to play without the need to be serious about it. If you do get into it and take it seriously I have a feeling it's gonna both destroy your soul and take your cash as it does so.


I think a player needs to be self aware about sinking cash into this game, one that's not really worth it(imho). I'm sure there's dedicated devs behind it but for me there are better games out there for that. Then again I think most triple A games aren't worth constant paying cash for; That doesn't include subscription based MMO's. A whole other tangent.

This game is free to get into; If you like it and have disposable income to dispose of, well different strokes for different folks. Once your having fun it's all fair enough.

There's a lot to like about this game. I'm sure as it's developed it'll be even better. I'm not sure it'll get any more complex; That might be the curse of cross platform, the lowest common denominator is king.

This game is what it is, without spending cash ... A fun little faff (imho). It's free and fun and not spending a lot of time in it was enough for me. Plus the 'install' size is tiny.
For me this was fun to try and but not to stay. If I'm going to even pay on a limited bases and grind I'd rather do it with a WoW sub and I'm so far from that.

On a side note it's the first MMO I've come across that has given me a random name and then said it was an invalid name.

Yes the random name generation gave me this name.


Then disallowed it. I can see why.


If it had actually allowed that autogen name I'd probably have spent more time in the game.

WoW has a lot to answer for....


On another side note this game has me thinking of returning to try out Hordes.io again. So many updates since I last posted about it. Hordes.io is a more quirky, more meaningful(I think), mainly PvP game.... I'd still not spend cash on that either so yea different strokes for different folks.

Hmmmmm Albion Online is also another free option I might try....

No comments:

Post a Comment