Thursday 28 May 2020

Two Point Hospital....

I've a feeling that Two Point Hospital is now in a stage of it's life akin to an aging rock star that can't fill a small theater.......


The latest global/group project has been stalled for days. Painstakingly so. The task is a basic one so the any player with a few hours of game time could help contribute.

I've seen reddit posts with players trying to whip up support.

On a side note I've been miffed at the negative near review bomb comments of the game. I've been miffed at certain things in the game but that's games in general. These things happen as nothing is perfect. With nearly 280 hours in game and lots of content I've not yet touched; It's weird to me to see someone with 2, 3 or even 10 hours of gameplay giving a 50 point personal view on what the devs should have done. I'm guilty of doing stuff like that as well but not on a public forum to the devs faces. Just this blog... My own little echo chamber. I don't have the pretentious ego to stand up on a 'real' public stage after 1 hour of gameplay and give a lecture. I do try and be balanced with a side of personal preference and state as much. Much better to faff about and post a blog with personal views and opinions(my waffle proviso). Anyway. One thing in a lot of the comments is that Two Point is repetitive(build hospital rooms, hire staff, cure patients), which I crack up laughing at. Imagine if you will a game, with guns, guns that need you to constantly shoot bullets with. Then have a reviewer/commenter complain that every time they are in the game they need to do the same 'shooting' mechanic in game. 'So repetitive'. Then they leave a long comment/review about how the game sucks because of it's repeditive shooting and 100 things the devs need to change. Talk about 'can't see the forest for the trees'.
 
Which inevitably brings me back to my problem. With luck the project will be completed this weekend if/when more players get time to turn up and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment