Monday 1 July 2019

Games with Gold....

Another month another bout of Games with Gold.


Inside will be available from July 1 to 31 playable for Xbox One. A good game, one I got free a while ago on Steam for PC. Good as it is I doubt I'll be back to it on XBox.

Big Crown: Showdown is from July 16 to August 15 for Xbox One. A four player party game. Looks good but not a game that interests me.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is available from July 1 to 15 for Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One. Again another good game and again another game that doesn't interests me. I was never really into the franchise. I do have fond memories of the first game on the NES.

Meet the Robinsons will be available July 16 to 31 for Xbox 360 as well as Xbox One.
Still a good looking game with some interesting levels. But again a game that I've no interest in.

So all of this months offerings are a miss for me. As usual I'll claim them for the collection....


I've been questioning my membership of Gold a lot more recently. I barely use it for anything online.
Star Trek Online and World of Tanks would be my main online games but even those in the last year or two have been downsized, gameplay wise. Used only during promotions or special events(Toy tanks at Christmas etc.) So why bother getting another years sub let along the Ultimate sub.

Guaranteed when I let it lapse and the Games with Gold will then be newer and better then ever before....

Subbing for the new Ultimate pass may be good value for what you get access to but I'd rather just get the games I want when I want. Judging that from my past purchases may as well be none existent. The more subscription based the games/services become, the more online they become the more I'm put off by them. If Microsoft is the best/better of what is out there; And I'm in no way interested in it.... I I think I'm 'done' with consoles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment