Wednesday 3 July 2019

Star Trek Online....

There was a bit of a mix up on my part yesterday due to very similar tweets from the official Star Trek Online tweets. One for the free pack for XBox which I saw and shared; When I looked again it said PS4. I thought I'd miss-read it. But there were 2 tweets, one for each platform! Not that it really mattered. There were technical problems and the freebies weren't immediately available when the tweets went out.

Anyway, I got to claim the pack today from the Xbox store.


Which is then claimable on the in game Zen store.


The combat pet will be useful even if it is enormous. The non combat pet on the other hand is tiny!


Unpacking the rest gave some useful items.


For the weapons pack I chose the Omni-beam for a rear turret on my new ship.


I also added in a phaser turret to assist with the 360 degree shot coverage.


Being a new character I probably should have sold it for cash.... If it wasn't bound to the character...
Still a nice assortment to have and maybe help with some upgrades.


The other item unlocked was a kit module. Nice to have considering my character has so little.


Lots of nice freebies to have.

While re-sorting things I took the opportunity to check out the summer event reputation. My character has no rep whatsoever. The summer event does have a free ship.... Maybe not better than the Nandi for PvE but a free ship is a free ship...... Already with so little game-play I've amassed a good amount of free items. Ships, ship gear, ground gear, pets, costumes, buffs, bonus's, level skips..... I think I'll be playing more of this game over the summer.

Doing the first race to start the rep with a rented floater pack.... It's so slow and hard to manoeuvre....!


No comments:

Post a Comment