Wednesday 16 October 2019

Close Combat: The Bloody First....


Close Combat The Bloody First. I've cast and eye on the game from time to time out of interest. Mainly due to nostalgia for the games that I'd played previously in the 2D-ish-ness of the early franchise(the second, 3rd and 4th games). The newer games(Gateway, ArnhemPanthers) never 'did anything for me'. The Bloody first had the potential for a true move to 3D for the franchise. The game does seem to add more of a grand strategy feel. In looks anyway. But I think they've lost the accessibility and a certain hop in "fun" factor(it is a game after all). I like strategy games but I've never been into the 'real' grand strategy games (Gary Grigsby's War series never mind the likes of Hearts of Iron 4 et al). Grand strategy always reminds me of the 90's Battleground series that seemed overly complex and a far cry from what I was playing at the time, Command and Conquer. This new close combat is somewhere in between what I've liked and what I wished I could immerse in and play but gives no motivation for me to try.

I might have another 'assessment' of GatewayArnhem and Panthers....

No comments:

Post a Comment