Thursday 24 October 2019

STO....


When the 'time limited global event' Gamma Recruitment was first launched to the game I created a new character for the new in game race. My very own Jem'Hadar. The Jem'Hadar are the Warcraft Death Knights of Star Trek Online. They start at a high level(60) and then choose which faction they side with.


While I played the character through the then 'new' content and enjoyed my time I've never really been back to the character in a meaningful way. Mainly used for the Admiralty system.


Not even to do more with the Gamma recruit transponder unlocks.



Not that he was totally unused, the character still had my attention for a good few month's. Enough to warrant spending some of my free Zen on a sale of the Gamma Vanguard Starter Pack to give him a ship upgrade.


I'm waffling about all this because the Gamma recruit characters are coming back today. Rejoin the Jem'Hadar Recruits! Great for all player accounts. But as I already have a heap of leveled up characters that I don't use, adding another isn't what I really need. Maybe worth it on my Xbox STO account if this is released there. For me what really is of interest with this is the new additions to the Lifetime Subscription. If nothing else it'll give more reason to get back to an underused character, that's always welcome.

On a side note CounterYolo Gaming has done a great video on Ship 'cheap' console alternatives. Which makes me appreciate how little I know with my ship faffing.

No comments:

Post a Comment