Tuesday 31 December 2019

And the rest of the waffle....



So some waffle to clear the drafts folder, bits that didn't get made up into separate posts.....




I've been more surprised by my liking of Xbox gold since it got upgraded to ultimate. So I suppose that I'm really saying that I like Ultimate. That's fuelled by having gotten it for €1! As a service it's good. I just wish that Gold and Ultimate were merged or there was a smaller upgrade cost from Gold to Ultimate. So I like Ultimate, not only to play a few games I'd not do otherwise; But that I get access to those titles on PC(if there's a PC version available). Speaking of which. The most value from it so far has been with The Outer Worlds, a great game. While I wasn't happy playing it on the Xbox via controller I did get to access it, install and play on PC thanks to having Ultimate via Microsoft Windows 10 Market and their crossplay. Microsoft are going to be doing well with Xcloud. While I may not pay full price for ultimate in the future I'll be keeping an eye on things with it. Especially with the next console coming out by this time next year. https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/12/12/microsoft-unveils-xbox-series-x/



Epic exclusive games are already doing sale prices, I'm looking forward to getting some of those games on Steam at sale or even further reduced prices. A wait for games that synchronised with my own thoughts for a self imposed 'buy games later' mentality. Two games in particular have been of interest. Phoenix Point. But since it's been out Phoenix Point seems to have some 'issues' that make me think I wont' be getting it till it's patched/tweaked into greatness. Otherwise I'll be ignoring it.
The second game is Maneater, which looks to be great already even as is(kind of a release Beta?). Pity it's another Epic store 'exclusive'. But that said it's got an official full release date listed of May 22nd, 2020 so who knows; Maybe steam in 2021 then?!


There have been so(sooooooooooooooooooooo) many great updates to many, many games I have it's unreal to try and keep up with all the info never mind keep up in gameplay terms.

Deadcells latest legacy update.

Domina(roll on the extra work).

UBOAT Patch B125.

Crying Suns has been getting some really nice continual patching to perfect it's balance and quality.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/873940/announcements/detail/3180035790702298963

SYNTHETIK has been forging on with more changes and additions.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/528230/announcements/detail/1612780484152015700

No Mans Sky has another impactful update, https://www.nomanssky.com/synthesis-update/
I've all but given up on even trying the game after patches. Too much to keep up with.

Crying Suns....

Radio Commander....

Two Point Hospital.....

& so many other games.




Minecraft has been getting more content as well. Bees are in. The problem with new content for me is that my save has been there since the very early days; It takes an age to see new content - I need to travel further to get to unexplored lands for it to generate that new content.
https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/updates/buzzy-bees?ocid=Minecraft_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Video_buy_12.11.2




While I've claimed as many games as possible when Epic's 'freebies' I've not played many. I've installed two but am still 'waiting' for more time to play, Rebel Galaxy and RUINER. Even with RUINER, I liked the game on Xbox but needed mouse and keyboard to 'do it properly'. I now have access to it on PC via Xbox ultimate but still haven't gotten around to it. The same goes for Rebel Galaxy, I wanted to see the backstory before playing the follow up game Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. Now Outlaw is an Epic exclusive (-25%sale at time or blogging). I'm in no rush as it'll be a while yet till it hits Steam.




I saw  Hordes(https://hordes.io/) via a gameplay impressions video from TheLazyPeon.
Again not enough time to actually do it, tis the silly season after all. Maybe next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment