Tuesday 3 December 2019

STO....


I've been doing a lot more STO on both PC and Xbox over the last week.

My XBox main has had a wild time with leveling. Going from 30 to 40 quickly, levels 40 to 50 even quicker and in doing so also swamped her with level X ship/ground gear. Never mind the instant level boost from 50 to 65 which came with an even bigger confetti shower of gear crates(level XII).


So upgrades all round for her, the crew and the ship. With the leftovers going on her shuttle.

All said and done I ended up doing a good few extra missions and TFO's. She's not overpowered in any way and does definitely depend on a team in TFO's. Still got a good bit done all round in the game.




My main motivation in doing these extra bits was to unlock Temporal agent rewards. I found I had to stop myself from doing more. This is a faff about after all, PC is my main game and there's plenty to do there already in that same way. It's just an easier experience to play STO on console. It 'feels' better to play. Take space combat, due to console controllers having limited numbers of buttons you can set 90% of abilities to auto-execute.


So as a player I'm left with 6 buttons really, 4 for abilities and 2 for weapons. All the rest are 'intuitive'. Easy going, not complex at all when compared to PC and the icons you can select(choices and tactics).


I took a quick look at what ships might interest me as a Phoenix token claim. Still not sure at all if it's worth it. Even on PC I've claimed so many and moved on to the last summer ship reward as a better option, which my Xbox character already has.


I'm still questioning the percentage of 'gamers' that have the leveling achievements.
"Only 4.06% of gamers" unlocked the achievement when they reach level 60!? Does this count all XBox players or 'just' XBox STO players......? It can't be that small a number. 4%?!?!


Over on PC the the Phoenix Prize vendor was back the last few days and my PC main got a few 'Red Matter Capacitors'; Two ships on my roster (T5-U ships) were missing it. I also updated my alts with the latest event console(Voth Subcore).


Doing the daily today for the Dilithium I was surprised to see the T6 token for the recent campaign had unlocked and was claimable! So I claimed it!


I'm confused at that as even the event page hasn't recognised the second event. I thought I needed at least a few runs of the third before I could claim the token; But I'll nto turn down a gift horse! 

Anyway I still don't know what ship to pick from the store. 

With Q's Winter wonderland starting a.s.a.p and the ability to do any winter activity to get the 'daily' done, it should be interesting. I'll be doing the daily(normal old race #tradition) and claiming the event ship but I may not use it. Fek’ihri ships aren't really my thing. I'll be curious to see the ships stats and details, they may change my mind. Might be good on my KDF character.....

There are some additions to the winter store that are interesting as well. The Breen suit should also be a good one to get. A once off on the winter store can't be turned down.


There's an R&D promotion on at the moment as well adding in a chance to get Spock's Jellyfish Starship, CounterYolo Gaming did a good video on the ship and how it compares to other science ships here. I'll avoid all that as I've other ships that can 'do'.
It does look cool, same as seen in the Kelvin movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment