Wednesday 5 February 2020

Farming Simulator 19....


It may be a somewhat uninformed initial reaction, but I'm thinking I prefer FS'17 over '19. It's a gut feeling. Many may scoff that that isn't a real reason; Yet it's how I'm perceiving the games. When I started playing '17 there was a hook to it. I wanted to get back to the game for more. Not so with FS '19 and I'm finding it hard to pinpoint a real reason why....


Maybe it's because I've already poured a lot of time into '17 so going to '19 doesn't really offer anything new to my overall casual experience.

I'm glad I didn't spend cash on the base '19 game(Free with Epic). I'm glad I did buy '17(cheap, way back when).

I'm not into the franchise, so gaining extra shadows, sunset lighting or crop sway isn't going to make me like '19 any more or '17 any less.


FS'19 feels like your in a broader landscape, there's distance and a longer field of view(all the puns intended). It's got better graphics, audio and in game mechanics; Is a more accurate simulation.
But for me 17 feels more accessible. More jump in and play.

FS'17 v FS'19, the more things change the more they stay the same. Casual is casual. As a casual FS '17 player, the many minor changes, alterations and improvements in '19 are for the most part lost on me.  '17 does the FS experience for me, playing '19 doesn't change that experience; So I'll stick with the version I've already got time in and enjoy that for what it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment