Friday 28 August 2020

Radio Commander....


Radio Commander is an interesting sim. A game I purchased last October yet seems like I've had it a lot longer. Another game I've not had time to really get fully into. Partially my fault with having to many other games and partially because I've had my campaign save reset twice in the last few months due to patches. Take the good with the bad etc.

The base game today is a different creature then it was on release. All the patches that I've seen are good additions and changes to the game. A few weeks ago I picked up the Squad Management DLC on sale; That DLC alone is a huge change from the base game. Well worth it and a good motivation to get back to playing it.

I've also seen in the last week of so that the game is now available on android and iOS as well.

Despite your character sitting in a tent with a radio you are in the thick of it. Atmospheric and with realism it's a true simulation.

Narrative story with characters and intro scenes round out the sim. A great game but one a gamer will either love or hate. It's more a suspenseful 'grand strategy' radio sim.




The only first person view is of your tent with it's map table with the radio set and a view looking out the tent doors(and a window..... don't forget the window). Otherwise it's 100% eyes on the map view.


Campaign missions are varied and it's worth watching the mission replay as it shows enemy positions from the start. Good to have that kind of Intel if your looking to redo.

The mission editor is interesting, good that it's there if not the easiest to use; But I've not done much with it.

I'll continue to plink away at the game and progress when I can.

SplatterCatGaming did a quick look at the first mission a while ago, still worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment