Tuesday 11 January 2022

Sniper Elite 4....


The more I've played Sniper Elite 4 the more I'm glad I got it. It screams nostalgia for my Hidden and Dangerous 2 days. Not saying H&D 2 isn't still good and payable today but for a more 'modern' game, SE 4 'does it' for me. Lone wolf Hidden and Dangerous 2 on steroids = Sniper Elite 4. 

I've played 28 hours to clear the main campaign. From recon and stealthy silenced pistol shots; To luring mobs of enemies into traps and ambushes. So much fun to be had. The more you know a level the more elaborate you can be in your planning and execution(If you play the latest Hitman games you know what that means). Other times the fun is in the quick reactions and survival of 'situations'.


I knew there were 'only' 8 levels but playing through them felt way quicker than it should have; So much so that once the end came up I was a bit surprised.... I wanted more.


Clearing the campaign and being successful in the primary and secondary objectives is one thing. The 'more' I wanted seems to came in the form of the map challenges. Ways of doing the maps which are all ways of showing off your skills. Like game achievements some are interesting and others are just so far out of the way as to be a PITA. Reading through them isn't a list of immediate 'must do's'. So maybe after a break from the game and then see about 'going back in'...... Otherwise I guess I'll have to wait for the 5th game. Which does look good.


The ending experience is to destroy a plane and there are multiple ways to do it. The obvious way is to use a bunch of fuel trucks handily parked near the runway. It didn't take much to see the wings of the plane passed by them. 


One shot, two shots and both wings were destroyed.


In messing about with that ending I noticed the plane when airborne does do a flypast to machine gun you.... With a bomb hanging out....


Time for a long distance shot.

 
It may have been too handy/coincidental/obvious but the game in it's doing is satisfying. After enjoying so much of the 4th game last week I went ahead and took the opportunity to buy the winter sale discounted (complete)3rd game. Playing it's first map shows me how much the 4th game evolved from it. The 3rd is still fun but the 4th really upped the scale. Nostalgia aside it's been well worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment