Monday 11 January 2016

Cities Skylines....

I've been pottering around with Cities Skylines a lot as well.

Building a road system for a small industrial area that over time gets more built up always becomes problematic. Adding on these area's in turn puts more traffic on roads with intersections that were never made for the level of traffic they have to deal with.
It's always a problem. It's a constraint you have to live with as without industrial area's your city can't make money and with money you can't setup roads etc. 

I thought agriculture might be a better way to go but I also think that is an error, maybe in a later game but not mid game.
I have no idea how you can get the achievement for 10,000 population with no ground pollution. I'm sure that the waste treatment plants are all ground pollution as are all but the green energy generation modes. My wife tried to do a city as a pure green no pollution area..... it didn't go well. It may be a city that needs the unlimited money mode on but where is the challenge in that.
My compounding of errors over time has lead me to revert to older saved games and working on from there. Unfortunately this has happened several times over several area's with several other problems popping up. There is a lot to consider with this game. Nothing can really be future proofed. It's a learning experience.


I'm still watching BdoubleO100's video's, his last cities skylines one is here:


1 comment:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.
    Medium Intensity Aircraft Warning Lights

    ReplyDelete