Tuesday 1 May 2018

Battlefleet Gothic Armada....


BGA is a proving to be a harsh game for me. I'd like to say harsh but fair but that wouldn't be in tune with the Warhammer 40k universe. It almost makes me wish for simpler times.

Ah the ready button, the deployment calm before the storm. Endless space a sea of possibilities...


And a graveyard of broken hopes and dreams....


The repair capabilities are not too bad, taking a completely destroyed ship back to action.


I'm loving the combat, even if I avoid some mission types in a broader tactical thinking, that's my excuse anyway. Having limited points to put ships in space means that taking out convoy's can be a pain if they have numerous ships spread out. If it's only two or three it's easy.


I did forgo a convoy mission's objectives in favour of destroying a nemesis, sacrifice or should I say victory in defeat is a key part of the universe and gameplay here.



The game perfectly captures the franchise, and even if you've never heard of 40k the gameplay is difficult but compelling. The story does carry a lot of punch with it.


Personally I really like the overly verbose (see what I did there!) speech, the overly complicated names, the formality. While I'm saying I like this game I am biased.


No comments:

Post a Comment