Monday 7 May 2018

GRW....


I thought I might have a chance to (meaningfully) return to co-op this week; With a new to PC gaming/new to Ghost Recon dude I know. While I contacted him specifically regarding the game after he mentioned it on Facebook, all that has happened is a sharing of gamer tags and nothing else.
I don't know if he's into the PvE or PvP side of it. Either way I now know he has two bestest gaming buds starting off the same as himself; All in the same boat so to speak. So maybe they just want a random or a.i. fourth member. I of all people understand why people do co-op in their own way(it's all about control(both for situation and people, in and out of game)).


I may sound like I'm being bitchy, but that's because I would have expected a better response from the dude, not a cold shoulder. Even I give a random group of players a chance in co-op before bailing. Never mind someone I know. If he(they) are bigger into the PvP side(I don't do it in GRW) then I'm bitching for nothing as I'd leave 'em to it.
While I'm tempted to poke a question or two his way and swing the "I bring squad boosts" bat to the party; I can't be bothered to pander to their bromance(clique?). If they want to play the game as they are and exclude an experienced player then fair enough. Just say so.


I'm not a pushy person, my previous co-op shows that. I'd be happy to sit back, let them make the decisions while I offer up some wisdom based one liners and group fire support.

Of all the gamers I know none have been into Ghost Recon Wildlands; Co-op with a 'stable' bunch of lads from my own country is an opportunity with a fun potential I want in on. Who wouldn't.

Maybe my expectations are too high....
Maybe I'm not such a casual carebear after all....

Time will tell if things go anywhere....

Anyway....

I did take a moment to log back in as my third character, my co-op only character to work out his weapons and an appropriate look. The last patch or so opened up a lot more 'special' pre-set(non-customisable) cross DLC weapons.

Hard to believe it's been just over a year since I started up that third co-op character!

I ended up choosing the Glory version of the P90 smg and the Occult version of the M14 as a sniper rifle (HTI & PSG-1 on situational standby). The sidearm is still the ever faithful USG.


The rate of fire on the Occult is really nice, it's a great all rounder sniping weapon.


So with those weapons chosen, I went with a greener more "normal" looking camo for him. Based on the Kryptek Mandrake pattern. El Tio is still on standby, as is the grey man look.


I'm tempted to go back into the randomness of normal pick-up-groups, at least until I rediscover the annoyance of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment