Wednesday 30 May 2018

Atari VCS....

The new Atari VCS, has so much to like, yet so much that's questionable.

Like it's longevity beyond the first 30 minutes out of the box. Beyond retro nostalgia you have to consider the new box's price (Box + controller + gamepad = $230-340 ish). I can already get retro fun with an emulator, or with my actual old console. After that I use my freaking phone for most else that this new device offers....

What does this console do that makes it an essential central replacement for other devices/functions for that cost?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/atari-vcs-game-stream-connect-like-never-before-computers-pc#/

Realistically I have no idea where the need for any of this new Atari system is in my life.

I was tempted, thinking about getting just the 'modern' controller.


But looking at my desk now I have an Xbox One and 360 controller for my PC as well as another Xbox One controller for the actual Xbox One.... I really don't need it.

___


So I'm back to thinking again about a cheaper 'modern' nostalgia(The Flashback options). I considered them before: https://acasualcarebear.blogspot.com/2017/10/atari.html

No comments:

Post a Comment