Wednesday 12 December 2018

Battletech....

With most of the Flashpoint content and reputations "done" I'm back to faffing about with the normal missions. Mainly to try and gear up my new and now superfluous (medium now heavy) 4th lance.
The very idea of a 4th lance was to get a lance of medium mech's specifically to do the 'special' Flashpoint missions; Where speed was needed to reach objectives. Also the new mech's added were mediums. In retrospect my 3rd Stalker lance could do the job better, and as it turns out I dislike melee mech combat. As if those two points overall weren't enough to ditch the lance. I'm not happy with them individually; Each pilot is not 100% how I'd like them setup and unlike the rest of my lance's, this lance is a mix of mech's. All of which don't really compliment the others. All very very ad hoc.
To help smooth things out for the longterm I'm mulling over the idea of replacing the mech's so that they're all in Stalkers. But that's why I setup the 3rd lance (so long ago now). Hence the 4th lance being even more unneeded. Yet I don't want to waste the training, time, effort etc. 
Cashflow isn't a problem regarding their upkeep etc. So where does that leave them? Use and abuse? Expendables? All of the above! The lance to faff about with from now on.....

It's all micromanagement fun. 

Anyway I'm back to faffin about in normal missions. Which do seem a bit more unpredictable since Flashpoint came out (like this and this). Thankfully save's save the day. Even redoing the mission twice on my second best lance I needed to being in my A team, Atlas's to the rescue. At that it still need a reload at one point. This mission shouldn't have been that hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment