Friday 21 December 2018

Games with gold....


The January 'Games with Gold' look to have 2 games I'd like to play and two I don't care about.

The two I don't care for are:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Jan 1 to 15). I'm just not these isometric versions of Tomb Raider. Better to spend time in the Assassins Creed 2.5D "Chronicles", alternative version of that franchise, a better fork in the road.

And

Far Cry 2 (Jan 16-31). I avoided it back in the day, I don't think it will have aged well. It's the Far Cry game with the malaria mechanic. Nuff said. Avoid it at all costs!!


The two I'll be more interested in:

World Rally Championship 6 (Jan 16 to Feb 15), It's been a while since I've been in a more modern rally game. I'll play a bit and see if I get stuck into it.

And

Celeste (Jan 1 - 31). A very interesting platformer. Hype over the game is high. Given I've played Shovel Knight, Super Meatboy and Dead Cells recently, Celeste's proof will be in the pudding.


No comments:

Post a Comment