Saturday 29 December 2018

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar....


All the recent first person pirate games have been flawed, flopped or never released. The Assassins Creed version, Black flag, never sat well with me. I was hyped for Sea of Thieves but as it turned out I'm glad I held off. I might revisit it in a year or two...... or three.
The only real pirate game I've gotten into in the last year was Don't Sink. A game that lives the "less is more" life.
The next batch of pirate games is on the horizon. But Atlas looks to be a con job, I'm now left wondering if Skull and Bones will be the real deal. It looks to be Assassins Creed: Black Flag 2.0 and then some; But given my single player casual nature, the games campaign being part of the PvP multiplayer "sandbox" is off-putting. Time will tell, as always.

Besides some quick fun in Don't Sink I'm always brought back to the classic pirate game Sid Meier's Pirates! Not the C64 version but the 2004 PC version. For gameplay and fun it still holds up.

I found some of my old game-play recordings and spliced up a lil'video on ship combat. I now need to reinstall the game and then go watch Master and Commander.

No comments:

Post a Comment