Tuesday 8 July 2014

My BF4 Update.....


First perhaps the biggest revelation in game was that the XP-Boost was not automatically applied when looted from a battle pack or case.
I had assumed that the boost was automatically applied upon looting. Not so. Am sure a lot of people who play BF and were to read this would be mocking me and saying "Duh". But it happened. And is now corrected.
The realisation occurred by accident. I usually don't go into the ingame menu except to exit mid game, but during a game of defuse where there is no respawn and time on my hands I clicked the menu and my thumb slipped pushing the stick off the usual up down menu and it went to the right. This highlighted the xpboost menu. Yes realisation was quick once that lil part of the menu that was tucked out of the way was highlighted. I cursed and celebrated. But I levelled 5 levels from 50 to 55 very quickly after :)



As a completionist (semi completionist.... irony abounds), I tend to level up the class specific weapons to the best I can get them and with luck get them a green laser.

With weapons I always go for the adaptive camo "spray".


The uniform camo colours I usually lean towards are:

Splinter
VDV
Vine Leaf
Yeger
Class wise I used Carbines a lot to start them off then move to the class specific weapons.

Assault and Engineer classes are setup 100% as I like them.

Support is 90% there and I'm working on the last weapon, once its got some upgrades etc I'll be happy with that class. 

Of late I've used Recon as a "common" class as I find it to be very versatile (Radio Beacon & C4), and as such I've been levelling up Shotguns with it. I doubt that I'll ever get to use sniper rifles or the dedicated marksman rifles. But maybe that's going to be the hardcore version I'll take up at some stage.  

The handgun of choice for me is the G18 automatic pistol due to its "empty a full clip in someones face in 1 second" ability. Very handy when in mid reload and you need to kill quick. Alternatively I've used the Magnum .44 but found it too slow for me to get kills.

I like having a different knife to complement each class but that's only cosmetic.

Grenade wise I don't differ much from the RGO Impact grenade.
 

I usually setup like this (forgive the camera phone nature of these pics):

Assault Class:

I really liked the AK-12 and stuck with it as other rifles unlocked.


And despite unlocking a lot of the other rifles I really like the SAR-21 and have stuck with it.


Defib and Medbag round out my gear.


Engineer Class:

I unlocked the P-90 very early on in the single player campaign. It has proven to be a bullet hose of choice for my Engineer.


M2 Slam mine / SRAW or Stinger missile round out this class.


Support Class:

Due to the unwieldiness (for lack of a better word) the LMG's were not my favourite, I used a lot of the carbines to skill this class up. But I've gone back and gotten the LMG's up to speed.

I spent a while with the QBB-95-1 as it had a more assault rifle feel to it and a great magazine size.


But the better weapon is the AWS and I'm currently working with it as the mainstay of the Support Class.





If the upgrades dont' make it better than the QBB the AWS will be dropped for the better (imho) QBB.


Claymore mine and Ammo Box round this one out.


Recon Class:

Currently working on the Shotguns.
Semi-auto works better for me than the pump-action. Speed is king and the Saiga 12 is my favourite. I had used the standard QBS-09 (starter shotgun) for a while but loading was long. The magazine of the Saiga makes it so much better.





I did unlock the DAD-12 and it has much more stopping power but returns the player to a longer reloading time. The trade off with power v reloading pays with this monster. Again with a few additional extras attached it is the weapon of choice, just pipping the Saiga to the post by a fraction.



I'm going to include the carbines with the Recon class as I think for me the carbines are better for my style of play. I also like to continue the unique weapon per class ( the sniper and DMR are for another time ). Shotguns are interesting but the Carbines cover more ground with distance and target types.

The AKU-12  over all a great weapon. The weapon I stuck with as I levelled up the carbines.
 

Until I got the The Type-95B-1, it is the same as the AKU in stats but with a good bit more in the accuracy department. Carbine of choice for me and for my Recon Class (when I'm not messing about with other weapons etc).
 
 
So to round the Recon out I usually have the Radio Beacon and C4 Explosive.


So thats a quick rundown of my class setup's.

works for me......

No comments:

Post a Comment