Monday 21 July 2014

So it begins..... Update 8

So with the last of the scanning skills trained and having not logged the trial alt on in a day or two I decided to go looking for loot.
Scanning with these extra skills and modules has however decreased my scanning abilities!
I really had no hassle getting players pinpointed and scanned down when the trail was a few days old.
For example yesterday, I scanned the system, probes out at 64 AU, I hit on a BS at 70% scan strength. I lower the probes to 32 AU and move them to be closer to the scanned blob of this BS only to rescan and get the same BS hit at 25% ..... it's wtf frustrating. 
It's the type of thing that's been happening to be a lot of late and its been bad. Scan after scan either removes all hits on moving in tighter on locations lessens the signal strength. It has severely hampered by scanning.

This is the dedicated scanning ship I'm using now:


I was able to scan out two abandoned MTU's yesterday and took them both out. One had loot the other ... not so much lol. At least I can scratch that off the list.





On scanning out a mission in progress I warped into find an MTU with some medium wrecks by it, I orbit the mtu and salvage away. During this the missioner arrives back into the mission, his tank was probably not able to hold the incoming dps as the mission BS's are fast and do a huge amount of damage when close. I'm sure he was surprised to see me with aggro orbiting the mtu, salvaging away. Once I'd salvaged what was there I left ... returning a while later but he had cleared up as he went.

I'll need to recheck the way scanning is done as I think I'm missing something. It can't go from easy to scan ships down to being very hard, not after upgrading skills and gaining better modules to help.

Really not sure if I will get a bounty... I'm not enough of a troll to be annoying enough people get something like that. Besides the bounty really does nothing. I may take him to null to see "what happens".



Aims:
        Scan out MTU's (blow them up and loot)
        Ninja Salvage (make 12 + Million)

        Get a bounty placed on me. (may be harder then it seems)

No comments:

Post a Comment