Wednesday 9 July 2014

So it begins.....

Last night I started a trial character. I used the trial link from this very blog   -------->
( Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink ).

I completed the 3 Eva starter missions to remind me what I got free (not a lot), and I intend to start on the career agent(s) tonight.

A lot of skills only need level 3 to give access to T2 versions of modules.
I will need to link the trial alt a list of ships/fits and make a skill list. Some skills can't be learned on a trial. So far non that are limited will matter. This may change as I check on skills when looking at fits.
I can do the trial career agent(s) to get skill books etc but it would be better to combine a "care package" of skill books/ships and fits to get things going faster once I have the list.

All I need to do now is find an aim.
The one thing I want to do with this trial beyond trialing a trial to see what can be learned, is to use frigs/destroyers in a manner that I wouldn't normally use a character. For now I'm generalising in the pvp area. This is a big break from my normal game play. It's why I'm considering trial alts as "disposable".

One of the Eva missions has the player warp to a location to destroy a container. At a range of 2000m 2 of every three shots missed the target completely. This was very amusing but also a little eye opener as to the skill levels that need to be trained. Every % that a skill grants really matters, maybe more so in the early day's.


No comments:

Post a Comment