Monday 8 August 2016

Cities Skylines.... Options....

While I enjoy the challenge of the game. Starting with nothing you build up money and in turn upgrade, build and rebuild the city as newer technologies are unlocked.
 However since I repelled the idea of unlocking all buildings and infinite money from the start, it's been on my mind. What harm could it do to try it out.

So I did. But I failed to curb my grand idea's on the first try. I created and built so much that I failed in the fact that what I built had no demand from the citizens. That was a failure from the start.

The second time was a smaller scale foundation to build on as the city expanded. With the foreknowledge of some of the challenges I tried to prepare for them. So far it's been a lot more challenging. Steeping away from the normal more linear X amount of citizens = town size Y and it's benefits and unlocks. Restraint is the key it would seem.
With that little bit of restraint and forethought I've been enjoying playing the game a little more on the creative side. Without the cash pressure I can demolish and rework large portions of the city to make it all work better not to mention to make it look better. It's another way to play the game and that can't be a bad thing. Enjoyment is there and that's the main thing.

The more things change the more they stay the same.... Traffic will always be a problem to be worked on.

No comments:

Post a Comment