Wednesday 20 September 2017

Stardew Valley....

After my recent push into the depth's of Doom's violence desensitisation (I do consider myself more desensitised to violence by a video game than all the years I spent in the reserve) I decided on a quieter game.

A game that's been on my todo list for a while. Stardew Valley. Much more less violent... if it wasn't for the sharp tools.... and a sword..... hmmmmm.

I've been surprised by the content of the game. Not just a 'simple' farm simulator from facebook. It's a cute looking cross between a 2D Mincraft and Terraria. From cutting down trees with your axe and mining stone with a pick, to killing slimes underground with a sword for the dungeon guild rewards.

It's got magic and a local reclusive wizard.

Hint, hint!
This game has tangents in activities and story lines to appeal to all. It has meaningful longevity as a game. Your not pushed into any activities or actions, there is a lot in the game and you can do as much or as little as you want.



A game you shouldn't dismiss or pigeonhole, especially on account of it's looks.


I really like that they are developing the multiplayer side of the game. Really nice to see a company that keeps a game alive and in development for it's community.

No comments:

Post a Comment