Sunday 23 June 2019

STO....


I'm at a slower stage of dailies at the moments. Doing TFO's for profit or extra marks. I don't need to do any of it really. So there's no pressure. The more marks the better but there's plenty of time yet before I've used what I have in the Discovery reputation.

I'm still enjoying my 'main' ship. A few more upgrades have boosted the DPS output. Happy day's.


The feel of STO has changed in the last two months or so. It's hard to pinpoint. But it's not for the better of the game or the community(imho). The auto leveling of the ships and the new drone heavy OP Discovery twin ship pack ..... It's almost a pay to win situation..... Or as close to it as I've seen the game be. The new Discovery Enterprise has sooooooo many drones now.... Rips everything apart!


The short blue beams are the drone shots....


In upgrading my ships I've been able to learn and discover more information about the game and my character/ships. Finally at last I think I've crossed the line from super casual to actually doing some theory crafting. All spurred on by finally having to research and pick a T6 ship from the free token I got a while ago. The best Youtuber I've come across for this is CounterYolo Gaming. Two video's of note are his 1-Year Q&A: My Thoughts on Star Trek Online as well as his T6 Ship considerations: Best Coupon Token Starships | Star Trek Online. Definitely my preferred STO youtuber for detailed information about the game and it's content. STOunrefined a close second :)
Parallel Universe Gaming seems to have dropped off the planet :(

The end of the weekend/event store is a pity but I used the tokens I had to buy the last of the 'useful' bits. I know I talked about it before but there has been so much more talk in the community; Like here on Reddit and on Youtube. I just wanted to mention it again....

As for my T6 pick. Crossing the I's and dotting the T's in my screwed up understanding lead me to the Arbiter. CounterYolo has a good list but I had to double check what ships/consoles and traits I already had to see which new ship and trait would compliment my main. I think I made the right choice. Time will tell.


The ship handles like a whale. So slow to turn but once it gets enemies front and center it's not too bad at all. Very tanky.

Using the new ship so far has been a mixed bag. I've only fitted the best of what was in my inventory. Not the best but better than the standard stuff it automatically comes with. A few other additions and some visual vanity changes and I was 'happy enough' to take it into the TFO's.


I just need to level up the ships mastery to level 5 for the trait unlock. I've already gotten it up to
3-ish so a few more TFO dailies should do the trick. I'm such a noob in this ship during TFO's I can only imaging what others are thinking.......

Still it wasn't a bad experience for a first run out:


I took the opportunity this weekend to try my chance at a new ship from the R&D pack special......


No luck for me, the standard Lobi and R&D materials was my lot.


I'd be tempted to get 4 or 8 more but the odds are really slim....

I'm looking froward to the Summer event. Jet-pack on standby for Tuesday week(2 July).
Or so the calendar says.


The reward this year is a much liked and long time asked for return, the Risian corvette (T6). Really looking forward to that ship.


From 2013, it's been a while for it to come back round again. I'm sure other players have been lucky and gotten it as a Phoenix prize but this summer is a 100% chance for some daily effort.


There are also some hints at what is to come later in the year. Thankfully not Discovery related, at least I hope not. A TOS inspired event for Halloween based on the episode Catspaw! That should be really interesting! Maybe a real Holloween event to make it worth doing.....

In all the ship fit messing about I got to retry the cannon build on the last event ship. The Fek'Ihri S'Torr Warship.


I'm not using the ship properly at all but it was an interesting test of the ship/abilities(need to change duty officers, abilities, traits, ramming, the list is long). Very little DPS once everything was on cooldown.... No that there was much.... Something to build on:

1 comment: