Saturday 1 June 2019

Wants and needs....


The gaming journey is ever-present. An all consuming hobby at times. Over time game tastes and styles change. Lately lot of my games are the kind you hop into, play for 30 minutes or so, maybe longer, maybe shorter. Games like Domina, SYBTHETIK, Everspace or FTL. Otherwise it's the opposite. Games I'm hardcore casual about in a hardcore kind of way(Shakes fist at some STO players). The more I think about both types of games the longer the list gets.

I also seem to maintaining a presence in a lot of older games I've played, even when completed many times over in the past. Like, Rome Total war(yes the first one), Darkest Dungeon, Planetbase, Stardew Valley, Fallout 4, Ghost Recon Wildlands, XCOM Enemy Within and Subnautica to name a few. I also have other games that are ongoing not only out of personal interest but due to their development. Euro Truck Sim 2, Star Trek Online, Eve Online etc.

All fun in a combination of interest and habits.


It's been a while since I last updated my game lists and this post has been a work in progress for the longest! Anyway, completed games, my "wants and needs" etc. I'm sure I've missed/forgotten or not listed a few but here it goes:


Completed/ 'Considered Done':

Islanders (There's only so much content)

Dead Cells (completed but not 100%'d, great game but done for now, till the expansion Dead Cells - Rise of the Giant )

Dawn of Man (99.99% complete, I can live with that... till they update the game)

South Park TFBW (Crunch DLC completed).


Cities Skylines (Newer updates checked and played through with my large city saves)

Planetbase (New update checked with 'best' save, colonists survived the experience)

Space Hulk Deathwing - Enhanced Edition (Single player done, no interest in co-op/multiplayer)

HITMAN (finish all Steam achievements - second game was purchased/legacy pack) 

The Swords of Ditto (still can't get back into it, third time wasn't lucky, it's cut)

Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor (had some fun with it given the save problem but not enough fun to keep it going so I'm finally calling it a day with this game)

Planet Coaster (played but cut I was getting lost in too much micromanagement minutia)

Quake Champions (Nice to visit but not a long term stay for me, for now.)

Shovel Knight (started but not into it compared to other games(Dead Cells) so shelved)

Into the Breach (not quite as into it as FTL, still a good game but not drawing me back in long-term)

Horizon Chase Turbo (quick fun but not a game I'm going to 100% every aspect of, fun with friends)

Stardew Valley (solo farm updated content done, still doing co-op on occasion)

Divide by Sheep (back away slowly from addiction)

No Man's Sky (checked after the latest new update but cut, two more big updates out but I'm not tempted to regrind).



"FINISHED" But Still Ongoing:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (events / extra DLC)

Battletech (main campaign and expansion 1 done, roll on the next/season pass will see this here for a while)

Domina (on and off or until the next patch, "Bleed on!")

Farm Simulator 17 (farm yard organisational micromanagement, oddly addictive)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands (More off then on these day's)



Currently Playing:

Two Point Hospital (about 3/4 done but the last mile is the longest, also the new sandbox mode and DLC!)

Hitman 2 (this may take some time(inc Legacy Pack))



Ongoing Online Games:



EVE Online (-ish)




Started but on the long finger(the uphill gaming struggle is real!):
The Witcher® 3 - Wild Hunt (plus all the DLC's etc)

Divinity Original Sin 2

Assassin's Creed Origins

(Xbox still has slow progress in Red Dead 2 and Far Cry Primal)

NOT!

WISHLIST:

Subnautica: Below Zero (waiting for full release)

Ghost Recon Breakpoint (No no, no no no, no)

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries (10th Sept '19)

The Last Night

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

Maneater

Starbase (Maybe?!)

Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Maybe?!)

PlanetSide Arena (on the list more as a reminder that it 'will exist', another maybe?!)

Phoenix Point

Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC version???) (My wife just bought me the Xbox version!!)

ETS 2 - Beyond the Baltic Sea DLC - soon TM

Massive Galaxy

Bus Simulator 18 - Removed as interest waned and reviews seem to say development has stalled out.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey (needs to be cheaper, no cheaper still)

Wolfpack (Not liking the look/feel of the game, prefer UBOAT)

They Are Billions

Sociable Soccer

VirtuaVerse

Star Citizen.............. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Generation Zero (Co-Op game a friend wants to play, I'm his "second". I'm not 100% sold on it but could be good co-op) Ditched after reading those reviews!

Skull & Bones   -   after more info/reviews decided to ditch

Rapture Rejects   -   after more info/reviews decided to ditch



Soul Calibur 6   -   Waiting for a game of the year edition with all dlc.... and on sale.... (I'm not asking for much am I !!)


In looking up the new VR headset from Oculus. I had a look for some VR games so added these two to the wishlist in anticipation of a summer(ish) buy of a headset:

Beat Saber

Eve: Gunjack (Cheap, if only Eve:Valk was that cheap, then again it's MP is dead and I don't know if there is a 'real' single player option that makes it worth it??)

VR seems to be seeing a lot of new headsets this summer, the choice may be quite varied.




And I call myself a 'casual' gamer....




No comments:

Post a Comment