Tuesday 21 January 2020

Darkest Dungeon....


Progress, progress, progress, there has been progress in my Stygian (hard mode) save since I last posted.


The hamlet buildings are now all fully upgraded. There wasn't that much needed to finish them but gathering/converting the heirlooms needed some time. As the saying goes the last 10% is the hardest. It feels good to have both the districts and hamlet complete now.


Likewise the main bunch of level 6's are fully upgraded for skills and armour. The remaining few upgrades will need about 70k gold to finalize.


Level 4's and 5's are still a mess but I count them more on the disposable side in a survival of the fittest kind of way. Plenty of level 6's to move forward with. Level 3's and under are throwing themselves in puddles to allow everyone else to cross the road un-muddied. Beyond disposable.


I've been working on the gold gathering for those remaining hero skills by running level 0's and 1's through dungeons with an antiquarian when available. The save may be a Stygian run but once the DD main campaign is done Sygian becomes (downgrades?) to a darkest/normal run; So no graveyard limit on lost heroes(bring in the next couch load!!!). The unrestricted joy of being post Darkest Dungeon, pre Crimson Court is that I'm free to farm the normal dungeons. Mainly hassle free. I can usually get 3 runs out of a new crew before I need to 'send them on their way'(one way or another). The extra 5% per week/turn from the bank doesn't hurt either! Why more players don't build it first is beyond me. If I was in the Crimson Court DLC I'd be all about the blood production first but as is gold is king for now. The great enabler.


I've also taken to not buying any extra supplies for these throw away runs. So they end up being dark runs as well. As long as one of the sacrificial 'heroes' gets out with the loot I'm happy.

So besides gaining gold and finalising the cream of the crop there are 2 more bosses to clear and 1 class to get to 6. More progress needed to clear things up before the DLC content.


No comments:

Post a Comment