Thursday 16 January 2020

Eve Online....

Before I go negative question CCP's new event the latest patch is good. I'm a Caldari at heart so bonus's to missiles and shield boost tiericide is welcome(this time round). Now the rest...


CCP are doing things awkwardly again(at least imho). The first 'event' for the first quadrant of the year. Yes it's PvP based but it's PvE in a PvP area. On the best of times getting into low sec can be easy enough. Most of the time it's camped. Not just by faction warfare gangs but by general PvP gangs roaming for opportunity. 

This is already reminding me of that Amarr event (July or August 2015 maybe?) where everyone who was loyal to that faction were literally funnelled into low sec as part of the 'event'. Meatgrinder to say the least. CCP had to 'apologise' for any misleading interpretations and let players know that if they entered low sec it was 'dangerous'.


I don't see the point of giving players PvE content in a PvP event. Boggles my mind....
Running a theme of PvP and basing it around in game PvE activities. That's just asking players to be ganked, especially in bottleneck systems that are the main ways into low sec. A PvP event should have zero to do with any NPC activity/objective. Let alone skew PvP into a funnel straight to the lions mouth.


CCP have made patch changes to Caldari missile systems/warhead stats with the event. Why not base the 'event' around that. PvP only needs a slight motivation. Get X amount of PvP damage with Y damage type or using only heavy missile...... This game is all PvP all the time, why try and squeeze it into a designated low sec system to PvE...... 

When I first read that the 1st Quarter was going to be PvP based I fully expected that everywhere was going to burn(Concord on strike etc...), gloves off, Burn Jita style for everyone, towards everyone.

More wasted opportunities... 

As this first quarter goes on I'm sure the PvE narrative will move on from low sec space to other area's. Players will be pro or against the PvE forces and kill each other as a by product. If they weren't picked off trying to get there in the first place. 

As is this is neither inducive for me on a PvE or PvP level. 

It's going to lead to ganking and combat for sure; But CCP could have done that in a much better way without the need for PvE smoke and mirrors. When has PvP ever needed PvE narrative to really kick off(missed sov payment anyone).


All that said and done I've been enjoying doing some mining with an Alpha, minimised as I play Darkest Dungeon. Ore is then transferred to my 'Main' Alpha and used for some T1 production. 
I'd have that main doing level 4's if they were still doable by Alpha's; As is there's no real motivation to do level 3's. Why bother with a grind when I can choose to not grind at all and profit my time better. Filaments or other activities are all swarmed with players so are hard to get in on; Or get ganked, ninja'd as you do..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment