Friday 20 May 2022

The Planet Crafter....


The latest update/patch to Planet Crafter brings more quality, quality of life updates, achievements and new areas. Another great update from (relatively) small things like title music and planet change on save game hover; To the large things like the inclusion of an instant transporter!


Every patch I catch myself, second guessing, what I'm seeing..... Is the water looking better? Reflections? Is the grass greener?


The view distance longer?


Needless to say I'm liking the changes and updates. Getting a place to mine Zeolite is fantastic; But the removal of the Pulsar crystals is a massive blow.... But it's work in progress so fingers crossed that will change sooner rather than later.


The new Super Alloy Rod is the new big thing to make in order to construct the top tier items. Easy for me to say that as I've got lockers on lockers of resources to use.



The transporter is the biggest and best quality of life item that could have been given. Better than any plan for a vehicle.


The new mapping updates are very welcome with resources and beacons showing on a zoom-able map.


With the crystal no longer craftable atm I've only come across 4 or 5 lootable crystals. That's not a good thing considering what I've created pre patch; And that wasn't me 'going overboard' with items. 


I can see the crystals decision being reversed, has to be. Or their creation having a need for more materials..... Or for them to be mined(with luck not that option). Crystals are grown in labs..... right!


Some changes are more obvious than others.... Vines are climbable, so why I kept passing this one and not climbing it I've no idea. Nice to find another new area.


So I've added a lot of transporters, bringing my limited supply of crystals down to 1. Besides the transporters I had to create one more fusion generator. Any further power generation will all have to be the highest tier of nuclear(for now, this patch).



I've placed 9 transporter pads. Cos I'm both lazy and wanted them as a time saver for my mines.

Main base....


Iridium cave....


Aluminium field....


Radium cave....


Super Alloy cave....


Osmium Cave....


Zeolite Cave....


Another at the first 'old' base of the previous Planeteer(that feels like a more natural title). Why there?Because I always have a backup base.... It's just how I play these types of games.


And one at the stargate for future handiness....


I've used the materials of that last transporter in inventory for several of the new locations, as a temporary pad (new crash site and at the crater base). If I'd had more crystals, transporter materials would be the new goto items to take on any exploration. Transporter pad up, pop back to main base, eat, drink, breath air, pop back, deconstruct and move on.

The journey goes on.

Speaking of the previous 'crafter'... His logs and messages are furthering his and my journey. So 'spoilers' of a kind.....




No comments:

Post a Comment