Tuesday 18 March 2014

Hearthstoned........

I had been grinding away with rated matches once I had finished my last round of NPC's.

It took some time but I eventually got a win.


Promoting me to Angry Chicken with one star.


After this match I reordered the deck I had for Hellscream. Taking two of all the lower end cards and only selecting the higher cards that had taunt and abilities that helped other lower cards.

The next win came in a very touch and go match, but I got to clear the main threats and hammer home attacks on the player.





Star number two for the Angry Chicken


The third match followed the next day with a lot of luck due to a lack of my opponents cards with taunt.



This upgraded me to Leper Gnome with one star.


And gave the third victory I needed.


For the mount I wanted.


Nice...

The match making does tend to be very random in it's pairing, as a starter the last thing you want to see is a person that's 4 or 5 levels better then your current rank.

The best tactic I found was to get lots of smaller minion cards on the go with a lot of taunts as well. One or two lower level cards that cost 2 or 4 mana summon two 2 health taunt cards, these are great to divert attacks.

Better also to trade cards at the start I usually change anything that costs 5 mana or over to see what I can get. 

The first two turns are really for mana gathering but can also show what kind of opponent you will be facing in the cards s/he plays. You'll soon see if they are waiting for mana generation or playing smaller cards to get you with the death by a thousand paper cuts.

Never give up, you never know what the next card you'll be dealt can bring.
Better to take your time and think about what is happening and how the card combinations can work.

The most cards I had to face off against was this defeat:

 
Totally hammered from the start.

From the wiki the game is free and seems that it will always be even when out of beta. Microtransactions may be it's payday. Free or not I don't know if I'll go back to playing it. Maybe if/when its out on android or if there is another "special" mount to get.... time will tell.  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hearthstone:_Heroes_of_Warcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment