Tuesday 10 October 2017

Atari....


With the ongoing news of a new Atari 'console'/'box'; I decided to take out my ye'olde 2600.
Not that I've not waffled about it before, I have so I won't backtrack too much.
The old console may not have an online mode or achievements to get; But there's still some quick fun and enjoyment to be had beyond retro nostalgia.

I'm still hampered by older tech failing due to the passage of time. Some things are just not meant o last. Use it or loose it I guess. Patchwork and replacement only works so far. Sometimes internet research can bring new products to the fore. Namely the atgames latest retro console. Atari Flashback Version 8 has four editions. 
Flashback 8. (105 games)
Flashback 8 Gold. (120 games)
& what really captured my attention Atari Portable

While the Atari Portable comes with 'only' 70 games it does have an SD slot for extra roms!
A few searches later and it seems that the Atari community online has taken to the device with it's SD slot and rom compatibility with gusto. Listing roms and a compatibility list for use with the device. Reviews seem positive. All my old games are on the list and work, so I'm very, very tempted to buy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment