Monday 5 November 2018

Command & Conquer....


I got the 17 game C&C bundle pack a while ago I tried the original C&C first with my old saves. Disappointing to see that my Command & Conquer saves were read but could not be loaded by the newer version of the game(for reasons).  I'd not played it since that save game test. So my recent delving into nostalgic gaming saw me potter about with the game without saves, nothing major, just for fun. I could have easily just looked up YouTube for the music and cut-scenes etc. But there's something in doing and seeing it yourself.
The squish of an enemy soldier under a harvester.
Screams of the enemy in general.
The destruction of a civilian village(Nod ftw).
The soundtrack, the soundtrack!
The scorecard ending screen/music("great shot!").


It's not all plain sailing.... 
Clicking on each unit to be built(no queue), how did I ever manage.
The A.I. not moving out of the way to allow all units to engage the enemy.

The first of a thing always has flaws. Nostalgia can be frustrating like that at times.

Still I had my fun.

Another title/series that has gotten a mobile makeover recently. I've not looked into playing it since I saw the reveal trailer... Is mobile really the way forward for gaming?

This nostalgic look may have been with a leaning towards the Nod side.... 
I'm sure I mentioned the end credits music before.... Worth mentioning again:


Almost as epic as Mass Effects end credits....

No comments:

Post a Comment