Tuesday 17 March 2020

Yes, Your Grace....


After seeing Yes, Your Grace being played by a few youtubers over the last while (6 months maybe longer?), it looked fun but it's release was a 'while away'; And here it is, full release. Thought I'd pick it up at it's launch discounted price. Sure why not....

I've seen it described as a kingdom management RPG and as a choice-driven adventure. It's all those and more. It's got choices but linear enough for people to complain about it being too linear. For me it's a story, an adventure, management and role play. Not so deep as you get bogged down.
Fun to watch others play and interesting to see my own choices and determinations. It's more about the little things that build up, choice on choice rather than any single decision that brings epic ramifications(in one fell swoop). One such choice is a later option to sell the artwork of the castle(to Greco). Watching others play the game that did sell them I thought to myself I'd not have made that choice. 3 turns into one of my own game runs and I wish I could sell everything that isn't nailed down!

It's a fun distraction that has some legs to keep gameplay going. The kind of game where you go back to do a perfect run with all the choices you want to happen, with the satisfaction of getting it done 'your way'.

No comments:

Post a Comment