Friday 27 March 2020

STO....

I made a gut reaction reply to a tweet from STO, in retrospect, as a reply it was a bit harsh; but not by much.

I'm generally not a reactionary. PR is something that can slip on one word and for me this time round it did and uncharacteristically I started typing. I don't regret it but still; If only they had changed 'present' to 'presentation' then the expectation wouldn't have created such backlash. They are sticking with their message and so am I.


I've been pottering away with STO but more generally of late(Two Point DLC/ETS 2 DLC etc etc etc). While I know the Dot-7 is from the Discovery series; Seeing it in game all I can think if is that it's the Blinky robot(from the short film).


I can't say for sure that using the reward kit module has been of benefit, the only reason I equipped it was for the damage bonus it gives. Only, I can't see a tangible improvement. Not that he/it lasts in combat; Breath on it and it's destroyed.

So section one of the new campaign is done. I guess the next event will coincide with the summer event.


I kept on doing the daily for the Dil reward for the few extra days.


There's not been been much else to write home about in game; Some endeavour dailies when they seem 'doable'.

My Science main is still trying to max out the reputations(for the traits); But I've been getting lax about it.


My Xbox character has done the last daily needed to claim the new KDF/FED ship.


So I've transferred her fit from the 2019 summer event ship to it. Not had any use of it in space beyond being a taxi.... So far...

One upside of the ship change is some extra firepower; The downside is the sluggish turn rate.
Time will tell if I last with it or go back to my old main.

No comments:

Post a Comment