Monday 12 June 2017

My own view on early E3 news....

Not that I've seen/read much of this years E3 happenings but so far of most interest to me has been:


Sea of Thieves - Like most games I'll be depending on it's release reviews.. It does have one disadvantage in my view, being the games impending reliance on the Microsoft store. If that's the only way to purchase the game then I'll be either getting the Xbox version or not getting it at all.


&



Original Xbox backward compatibility is good, as there are still some original games that I would like to have access to without getting the original Xbox hooked up again. I'll be glad to see this and the games that will be supported.


___


Other interesting news is:


Star Wars Battlefront II is of more interest to me now than it was before E3....
I'm not sure it will be on my list to get but I'll keep an eye on it to see how it develops.

As for the new Xbox One X, it isn't doing anything for me with better specs unless it gets really great games. Those games would need to be massively great. Or a VR headset for the console. I'm not sure about the mixed reality headsets. Too much up in the air for this console. I'll bee waiting some more and see how that all works out the time(years?) ahead....

I'm not sure about the retro recreation of the original 'Duke' controller, it was a monstrous beast in the hand. Even the smaller original 'S' controller is still bulky and much bigger than the xbox360 controller. Even if I didn't have the old controllers I doubt I'd want a recreated version....

Bethesda's Creation Club is looking like it could provide a better way to distribute mods but as I don't use mods with Skyrim and Fallout 4 the club will be nice to have but I doubt I'll use it. https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en


VR versions of Skyrim and Fallout 4 also looked interesting. I still have no motivation to get a VR headset to experience these changes. VR seems to be the thing to do, VR all the things.....

No comments:

Post a Comment