Sunday 17 June 2018

Gaming....


I was extremely tempted to pre-purchase Battletech on it's release day. It's a franchise I'm really into and from what I've seen of the game it's a great addition. But I already have so many games I want to make progress with. I've tried in the past few month's to clear that list up. Games I know I'll never play get cut, games I want to play get priority and games I'm currently progressing through I'm trying to make greater headway in.  I'd say the problem is that I'm having too much fun in gaming. But the real problem for me is that I have an ever expanding list of games that are long-term fun. With more and more content coming out for them. "First world" problems/more good games than I can shake a stick at. Examples of that are Hitman's Elusive targets & Ghost Recon's Challenges. The amount of games getting further "DLC" or expansions is large; OR I'm just me getting more 'into' a game and buying additional DLC(*cough*Euro Truck Sim 2*cough*). To top it all off there are the free giveaway's from Steam, GoG, Origin and Uplay....  Never mind the XBox stuff.


Then there's the incoming Steam summer sale...

It can be an overwhelming hobby. Gaming. No-one to blame but myself. I've still got a tendency to jump on the bandwagon of a new game instead of waiting. In one way it's a good complaint to have, being able to do that. But if I buy a game now, more than likely it'll sit idle for a while or not get a lot of attention; So that by the time I do get to play it properly(and enjoyably) it would be a third of the release price.... I'm wasting my own money and creating stress about a backlog of gaming value(fun).  I'm trying to curb that impulse. So far it's been working the last few month's but I think the Steam wish-list is now getting backlogged(even keeping in mind the "do I really need it" motto). That's it's own problem, especially with the summer sale.... Did I mention the summer sale.....





Planet Coaster

Cold Waters

F1 2015 (kind of into)



Started But Needs to be completed:


The Witcher® 3 - Wild Hunt (plus DLC)



Ongoing Online Games:



EVE Online (kind of playing, more a hibernation waiting game)



"FINISHED" But Still Ongoing:

HITMAN (Elusive Targets / Pro Mode locations)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Wildlands (challenge's & co-op ish ness?)

Euro Truck Simulator 2 (events / extra DLC)

South Park The Fractured But Whole - (DLC)

Darkest Dungeon - (Expansion/New expansion coming).

Stardew Valley - (multiplayer update incoming)



LONGER TERM SECOND (3rd, 4th, 5th) CHANCES:

No Man's Sky (new update due?)

XCOM 2 ? 99.9% cut

The Swords of Ditto (not for co-op but to get some solo fun value)

Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor (end of the list, put on the long finger given the save problem)


For all the list making, planning and order to the madness I'm still unfocused.
It's a "Meh" feeling that distills down to a need to game for enjoyment and fun in the familiar.

Fallout 4....
Rome Total War....
Domina....
Cities: Skylines....
Life Goes on....
Mini Metro....
FTL....
Don't Sink ....

And I call myself a 'casual' gamer....


No comments:

Post a Comment