Friday 24 December 2021

Evil Genius 2 World Domination....


Endgame was marked with a warning of no return. A last chance to do the secondary objectives before pressing on. I choose to finish up what secondaries I'd already started and then proceed with complete world domination.

With the final rush of enemies over and that point of no return crossed there were only limited numbers of 'normal' agents sent to harass the lair. A few changes (remade a long entrance corridor) and I was able to assign it as a kill on sight zone to take care of such intruders. Never having to worry about any manual red alerts, minions took care of it all(as they should) with brute force. A good thing I wish I'd had sooner.


Time with no pressure, it's allowed me to take time and gather what I needed on the world stage. Doomsday fuel being the main gathered resource; but easy to get. Even when down to the last few countries. Overall the game is defiantly the epitome of the phrase 'hurry up and wait'.

I also took that time and completed all the R&D slots. For no other reason than to see the items they unlocked and how things worked with them. 





Many useful items were unlocked but the traps were a let down when put to use. They are very specific and situational. The main gripe I have with them is the lack of targeting ability. They are very area of effect weapons; And kill minions faster then enemy agents. A shark tank should be a glorious addition but when agents get past it and 5 minions fall in instead it's a disappointment. I found all traps like that to be very sub standard. The pay wall 'door' on the other hand was the most handy. An item a bit on the nose given the DLC and season pass the game has. But a funny item nonetheless. It held up all agents for a good amount of time as my minions gathered on the other side to rain bullets on them.



Once I'd done all I needed it was time to not just destroy the last HQ; There's an achievement for turning all countries to Gooooooooooooooooooooooold. All in the end fell to Max's world domination. Cutscene, credits and that's it. An apt end game for Max. 



If I do end up buying the game it'll be with it's DLC as whatever 'complete' or 'game of the year' edition at a good price next year (this time next year?). I think the DLC content and a new 'genius' play-through could prove motivation on top of time away from the game. “Absence makes the heart grow fonder” etc.

Completing the Max story seems to be a rare thing. 0.74% of players.
Not to mention the ultimate Max ending of turning the world golden at 0.14% of players.

No comments:

Post a Comment