Thursday 20 October 2016

Eve Online.... News, thought's, idea's....


There has been a lot of news from the world of Eve Online, not to mention the other CCP games in the last two weeks. Gunjack 2 and Valkyrie in particular with the PS4 VR launch.  I love the trailer for it.

I've found myself playing catch up on a lot of Eve news, or what I do hear I am ignoring altogether as it's not relevant to me.
 The latest This Week in EVE #126 lists a lot and while most was of little interest (to me) there were some that I had to click on.

It's that time of the year again and the attacks from Blood Raiders now seem to be a "seasonal" thing. Good for some player content but for me I think I'll be ignoring it. Especially now that I'm only playing with the pre-Alpha characters.
I'm really not a fan of this open event, random player to player interactions. Too much chance or luck involved. CCP again doing their ...PVE improvement by adding PVP.... thing, no thanks.
At least with the likes of the WoW event in game you gather together to put out the town fires, kill the boss and then all loot a prise box that goes into your own inventory, that once opened has random drops for you. 
how much better would Eve be if there were "intelligence" of a blood raider attack (hourly?) in a system, a fleet of ships in waves or maybe one elite ship attacking a cloning facility in space. Once defeated you are allowed to "loot" a can or as if by some form of magic get cargo delivered to your inventory or home station to open and loot.
I'm just narky over CCP making PVE into more PVP.

The end of POS towers seems to be getting closer, with the new array and structures being deployed. From what I've seen of the new structures I'm never likely to operate never mind make one for myself. At least with an "old" POS I was, and did use. I think this needs further study and research on my part but maybe I just need to use NPC stations instead since the queue's for using them were removed a while back and pay fee's and taxes instead of fuel and build costs.
I still wish there was a a slightly larger mobile depot that had some smaller end, limited production process's. Now that I think of it I'd like to dock or at least tether to it.... But maybe medium structures are "it". There does seem to be more thinking about something smaller, more personal to use. Wouldn't it be funny if such a structure was hi-sec deploy able only.

Something new is coming.... Specific ships for Alpha clones....? Wouldn't that be "fun". Nah CCP wouldn't do that.

The dev blog on the new character sheet is also of interest. I'm still not 100% sure I like it but I'll need to get a hands on feel for it first. Unlike most people who seem to complain about seeing your animated character on the top of the new sheet, I like it, brings your character to life instead of just the portrait screenshot.

One thing I really, really, really need to do is to capture some images of my (old and new) characters skill queue's. The new Alpha clone state will only have the old style 24 hour skill queue. I am presuming that all skill's queued up after that or after the longest "current" skill in the queue that runs 24 + hours over it will be removed. I'm no Skill min/maxer but I did do a bit of work on the skill queue's at the time I set them up so to lose them now would be a pain. Screenshots and API key to the rescue.

The new New Player Experience dev blog is an interesting read. While I won't be trying it out on the test server I will create a new alt to try it out once it hits the main game properly. They are calling it Inception so all I can think about are the movie meme's. 
 The details of the new player experience all sound good and I'm interested to see how it all works out. I am particularly interested to see the new Aura dialogue in action, something I've not see/heard in the game since I tried my very first trial in Eve.


I've been getting a lot of disconnections from the Eve client due to my current lack of proper broadband while away from home. Usually all I would get from a failed client logon would be a sad face emote. This time around it seems there are Dino's behind it all.....


I'm still trying to gather more current information on Faction Warfare for my Minmatar pre-Alpha alt.
I still think I need to get into a faction warfare corp/alliance. this has rung more true the more I read. The more I read (like here & here) the more I see that anyone involved in Faction Warfare who is an Omega/current player will be 100% more overpowered than any new Alpha. CCP really is leading new alpha clones into PVP first, lambs to the slaughter via the large wolf pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment