Sunday 9 October 2016

Star Trek Online.... Old T5 Upgraded....


I've not been doing much within Star Trek Online. Both of my top level characters have been slacking with the usual Fleet and DOF missions.
I did take a look at my "second main", my Science 23rd century character but I'm happy enough with her ship, ground and space gear. Enough to know that I'm not feeling the need to play a science character any further. Tactical for the win.
My other 23rd century character did also get a bit of a lookin but only an extra level or two. Not enough game time to know how I'd feel about the engineering class longterm. I'll really need to get that character levelled up and with luck the Christmas event ship will be an engineering one. That would be motivation to work toward.

I spent most of my STO game time on my main. Ever since I saw a video on the Tholian Meshweaver ship that vessel has been on my mind. I took the opportunity to cash in some Dilithium in the exchange. The Zen I got I used to buy an Upgrade token and that token in turn I used to upgrade the Tholian Meshweaver he's had for a while. On a side note it seems that the conversion rate of Dilithium to Zen has increased again with no sign of stopping. At this stage it's about twice the cost I noted last time. I think I've complained about it before.
 

I didnt' get to really use the ship a lot when I got it first. I know that I didn't like it that much at the time maybe that was more due to my main being around level 50.
This time around once upgraded I decided to refit the modules to be a little better. In updating my reputation levels the amount of reward modules as been too much to note. Out of all that excess random gear I put a fit together along the mish-mashed lines of Radiant Antiproton beam array's/dual beam banks with the Radiant Quantum torpedo up front. Not ideal but it was all free gear with a few cheap upgrades from the exchange.


I've not used it much but in the few encounters I did to test the fit I was happy that it survived and did good dps. I may try to use it more to level up it's mastery. The next expansion and Chimbo event may be the best way to do that.

I'm hinging a lot on the Chrimbo event having an engineering ship reward.... I hope it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment