Thursday 1 March 2018

GRW....

So with a good nights sleep and the joy of seeing a lot more snow pile up outside I took my time and sat cozily down this evening to redo the challenge.

The first part by redoing the same heavy in the southern outpost (by the bridge checkpoint).
It's overlooked by a nice hill that allows for good recon and sniping. The heavy does a small walking patrol that allows for guard separation which is nice for snipers. There's no stoping anyone from going down and taking him out without any sniping. I just found it was less complicated, as my antics last night proved. If you've done it twice then get spotted on the third attempt it all resets on you. Better safe than sorry.


The second part is child play. I found that the observation post was a good spot. It has some parked vehicles that do count but from my experience they only counted when a unidad soldier died in the same explosion. There is also a nice mobile unidad patrol in a buggy and a unidad helo that can all be killed. All of this is visible/possible from the hill overlooking the base. Another handy hill. And with two safe house's nearby it's an easy reset (auto to safe house and heli/bike it back to the post).


The third was also handy enough to do; M.O.B. Condor has an easy jammer out in the middle of the airfield that can be done three times (safe house and back repeat x3). 


Or to shorted the time I also did the jammer in the main base. It's located just on the left wing of the base name icon on the map.


Not a bad challenge this week. Just a bit awkward with the first part as frustration can set in if you keep getting spotted before the third take down. Maybe I went overkill on the way I did it but it worked. As I said better safe than sorry. There are probably way safer and better ways of doing it but I didn't want to google it.


And onto the rewards, the crate gave me:


None of my characters use tat's so it's of no real use to me atm.


The Wasteland LMG is a good addition but my characters are beyond needing it. Even my first two main's have a Stoner at Tier One level 30 upgraded. I'll keep them with the Stoner.


As for the M90K weapon paintwork, I can see where it might have it's uses but again not for any of my characters (again not at the moment).


Roll on the next weeks challenge... Or will the next only be a paint reward with the crates every second week? I was sensing a trend....

No comments:

Post a Comment