Friday 13 April 2018

Don't Sink....


I got an e-mail about a game on my watch list that was on sale... Don't Sink.


It's been a game I've been waffling about more and more this year. The games 8 bit style tugs on the nostalgia strings for me; It reminds me of the original C64 Sid Meier's Pirates!
At less than €7.50 the price, and time was right.

Playing Don't Sink is fun. It's a great Pirate mini management game. Looking after the essentials of the pirate life is no hassle. Care for the crew (food/medicine) and ship(planks/repairs/ammunition) are accessible even if limited in numbers. The combat is simple but starting out is a little more difficult at times.
Random island encounters are interesting in funny way's. A random hut with an occupant lead to a minor conversation and a free cookie. A conversation with a ship builder talking about how she enjoys building ships in a bottle....

I'm looking forward to getting a better ship and upgrades to rule the waves, not to mention the building of my own island town.

There are more expensive yet worse games out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment