Thursday 12 April 2018

ETS 2...

I've been plugging away at ETS 2 on and off; gaining a second garage and consolidating the first with trucks and drivers. The first garage in London has my 4 drivers along with their trucks as well as my "main" truck. Yes the micromanagement nerd in me strikes again.


The drivers are decent but a new addition at 2.5 skill level brings down the stats(for now). But from what I've read and researched the rating/skill of the driver may not matter that much..... Some sort of back end magic.....


Their trucks are (more or less) the same as my own Iveco Stralis. It's just that my one has a lot of visual customisation (mine, mine, mine).


The new garage I based in Lille France and bought a base model Man TGX truck for myself there.



The reason for the under powered 320 horsepower truck is even more nerdy than arranging trucks in garages. I wanted a more trucky truck. Being a base truck makes it an effort to do a lot of the jobs. It feels more realistic to drive. My main truck can handle any contract, has speed hauling uphill, it does it all. But using this truck takes a satisfying effort, it feels more enjoyable. Maybe it's the straining truck noises... Oddly strange to explain but I'm not alone.


I'll mess about with the truck for a while before I set about getting proper trucks and drivers for the new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment