Wednesday 29 March 2017

Evolve....


I'm not versed in the games development background or feelings from the playerbase regarding the dev company, version support and servers. What I do know is that I got Evolve Ultimate Edition for free as part of the free xbox 'Games with Gold'. Game with Gold have had a lot of interestingly forgettable games, that were the pride and joy of their respective developers on initial release.


I recall at some stage of the game release I heard about Evolve and thought it sounded interesting but never thought it interesting enough to find out more. Seeing as it is free I did more than just click to add it to my owned games I downloaded and tried it out.

It has some interesting game mechanics that are for the most part entertaining. Like playing as the monster and feeding enough to evolve. It's not a game I'd spend a huge amount of time with, 15 to 20 minutes was enough for me, but I've done that at least three times now. It's a game that doesn't take itself seriously. It's different and interesting enough to be a good gap filler the same way I consider World of Tanks.

It was free, it was worth a look but for me, I don't see myself playing Evolve more than a few more times...

Honest Trailers says it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment