Sunday 23 July 2017

War....

With Dunkirk (2017) being hailed as the new summer blockbuster I thougth I'd mention a film and a docudrama that do a better job of depicting the events and telling a story you will remember.
With director Chris Nolan talking about a story that needs to be told I didn't think he would rip off "pay homage" to the classic movie as much as he did. What really struck me to comment on this new film are the similarities between this years new movie and the older 1958 classic. With Dunkirk (1958 film) being by far a much more well balanced movie.
The docudrama I'd like to mention is Dunkirk (TV series), a three part BBC docudrama covering the battle and evacuation. Which funnily enough casts a then little actor called Beedict Cumberbatch.

I own both the older film and docudrama on DVD, history/war nerd/buff that I am. I won't be owning the new 2017 Dunkirk on any format.
 

 P.S.

And for anyone still reading this and interested an episode of the documentary series War Walks by Richard Holmes about Dunkirk is also worth a look....


No comments:

Post a Comment