Tuesday 31 October 2017

GRW....

So it's done.... Tier 1.... It completed in a very undramatic way. Ending with the clearing of a Unidad base. In the usual no real challenge just a few more XP killing kind of way. I'm not jumping for joy but I'm not completely unhappy either. It's all very 'meh'.


I'm kind of wishing I'd just gone ahead with clearing the rest of the Fallen Ghosts DLC and moved on to work on the rest of my Hitman playthrough. All in all I know the niggling completionist in me would have and did win out. Completing the Tier system on my main was always going to happen once it started. I'll not be doing it on any other character. The Tier system is great for newer characters that were at least halfway through the main campaign when the system was released. I know for my smg/lmg second playthrough character the tier system added spice to the gameplay and the main campaign made the XP grind a non issue as you had the story line to follow. I'd say that's the best way the tier system is used, as an accompaniment to the campaign. I've no intention of finishing off the tier system with my second character let alone the third.
There is a lot to like about the game and I'd not have stuck to it for this long if it wasn't enjoyable. The sights and sense of accomplishment overall are great. Longterm there are some elements that are grating. Like sand in a shoe, one grain adds to another and before long your hobbling around on that perfect looking beach. There have been enormous additions, tweaks to the game not to mention community outreach from the developers; But that only lasts so long even with great games like this.
Again I'll say it would be cool to be able to carry over and use your main campaign characters in the DLC's, even if you had to complete and be Tier 1 before moving on. It would've been motivation and a prestige badge of honour. Your DLC characters are started fresh and are only a cosmetic resemblance of the character you took through the main campaign, never mind ground out the Tier levels.  That fact really takes away a lot from the game for me.
As I said before I don't like the Narco Road DLC, I can't see myself ever going back to it at all. The Fallen Ghosts DLC is something I will go back and complete as it appealed to me from teh moment I started it. My third co-op only levelling character could be interesting depending on how the community is long term, so may be worth dipping back into.
As for the PvP, as good as it is (and it is), I dont' think I'll be jumping into it, the thought of levelling up another character with tiers/levels and XP is offputting. It's not like Tier 1 unlocks a lot of PvP items either.
The game has so many elements it can be all things to all people; But I'd say in reality players see it as a lot to like but ignore (if not dislike) a lot also. It's just a disappointment that there is a lack of interconnectivity between all the elements (main game/DLC's/PvP) that make up the greater Ghost Recon Wildlands.


And thats it. Unlock a weapon skin....


I did finish off the damage bonus for the Tier assault rifle reward....Boosted but never used (not even dropped once).


No comments:

Post a Comment