Tuesday 14 May 2019

Hitman 2....


I've been doing a lot of pottering about with Hitman 2. Mainly challenge/feat and escalations in actual Hitman 2 maps rather than the Legacy Pack. So I was really happy to see that MrFreeze2244 has been doing video's the last week of Suit Only Silent Assassin/Sniper all in one runs of the main game content. While he always makes it look easy; I think Hitman 2 is a more lenient game in some respects. I followed how he did things and it worked out with only one or two hiccups on my part; Doing similar on the first game always proved to be a lot harder and needed a lot more improvisation on how I would do it via his tactics.

I've noticed in my footage that I really am a kleptomaniac; If it's there to be picked up, 47 grabs it.


I've always wary of the peek-a-boo tactic. Any time I've tried it I'm spotted. Even though I've done the achievements on the first map I went ahead to test it out his way. Only took two attempts!


I'd been doing the Miami Medic escalation bar the last guard target on stage 3. I was trying to delay and knock out the staff at the back of the alley to the "flamingo meeting"; But that angle was proving tricky. His tactic of the guard collecting the pistol was way easier. I didn't even notice the pipe up to the room behind the medics. One of the reasons the hitman community is great, they come up with some genius methods and then share it all. I did want that pistol back....


Getting back to a suit only silent assassin/sniper combo run for Miami was interestingly simple enough, till I fooked it up. A wrong turn ran me into a camera so I had to retrace my steps, shoot out the security system and then exit. I wasn't rushing for a timed run, I never do so it was just stupidly awkward as a run.


A map I'd not done a lot on was Santa Fortuna. Another easy enough tactic which I ran through with my usual clumsy style. Starting off badly I wasn't able to convince any of the people in the office to check a coin. Not one wanted to come out! Unfortunately I didn't get it on video until I'd "manually" gone in and knocked out the secretary and guards. 


Doing this map jumped my mastery 10+ levels. Nice.  



No comments:

Post a Comment